It seems as though these exercises are getting better however I still have yet to find one that really works for me. The only thing I liked about this one was that it is a lot like what I do when I get upset. I want everyone to leave me alone while I calm down and then I can go back and continue my conversation. I’m wondering if these are not working on me because I am full of stress and hopefully when I lose some of this I can go back, try them again, and hopefully they will work.
To me this was a very hard to do because I am so not physically fit and with all my stress I am not mentally fit either. These are however goals of mine starting the first of the year. I want to relieve some stress, see a chiropractor to fix my back, and start eating healthier. Once all of these start occurring then perhaps I will then be able to explain how the connection is manifested in my personal life.
Just as I started reading your post, I was thinking to myself how much my back hurts... lol - So I will add chiropractor visit to my New Year to do list as well.
ReplyDeleteI too have been struggling with which meditation practice works for me or doesn't. Do you feel like there is a correlation between your mental and physical ailments?
I think you have gotten off to a good start with at least trying something new, such as taking the class and experimenting with different styles of mediation. You are already ahead of the game!
Hi, Craig.
ReplyDeleteI continue to struggle with the meditation exercises as well, though I agree with you that the subtle mind activity was easier to follow and work with than the others we have listened to so far. I do find it interesting that you point to your high levels of stress as a possible distraction. It occurs to me that many people who begin guided meditation activities probably experience high levels of stress. As stress interferes with physical health, I see no reason why it wouldn't serve as a significant distractor to someone who is focusing on trying to improve their psychological health. It got me thinking that maybe that is part of the problem that I am having with calming my mind enough to feel benefit from the activities. I think I might go back and try them again after the term is over and there is no longer the pressure to complete the meditation for an assignment. It just might make a difference!
Thank you for your blog, keep up the good work!
-Joy Clark
Hi Craig,
ReplyDeleteI have to say that I agree with you in regards to the exercises. I have not been able to give the exercises the time that I should be giving them. I also think that because of the stres of my life right now that I am not able to clear my mind and focus on exercises like I should.
I hope your back feels better soon and I totally understand about the stress of life. I myself am going to go back to the exercises once I have some stress off of me and give them all another fair shot.
Thanks for being honest and I am glad to see that I am not the only one having difficulty with the stress level and other issues interfeering with my studies and time.
Patricia